Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative
What does an Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative do?
You act as a liaison with our customers, sales staff and our partners, seeking to enable and support the timely flow of information, documentation and business process between these external parties. Your messaging is effectively customized to many layers of our customer’s and partners organizations and you are able to deliver difficult messages when required with care and professionalism.
You are an integral team member, improving the productivity of the sales, engineering and operations teams; enabling them to spend more time developing new customers and enhancing existing customer relationships.
You’re a patient, empathetic and communicative problem solver who operates with a sense of urgency and are genuinely excited to help. You can put yourself in your customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. You are confident at troubleshooting and investigate if you don’t have enough information to resolve customer complaints.
You also manage robust relationships with our manufacturer and distribution partners to insure we’re maximizing our use of their resources and programs, enhancing our efficiency, accuracy, capability and profitability. You are a functional bridge between our internal stakeholders and these external parties upon whom we depend.
- Managing customer and partner inquiries
- Curating partner resources and ensuring we are leveraging partner opportunities to the fullest potential
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Working with sales and engineering teams to prepare quotations and proposals
- Manage the standardization of sales documentation with the goal of enhancing proposals over time using a portfolio of discovered best practices and documentation
- Managing special pricing requests and program applications
- Tracking and managing all customer support, service, license and subscription renewals, including quoting and fulfillment
- Fill orders by accurately sending information to our operations & procurement team
- Communicating expected delivery dates to customers and ensuring that support agreements and order information is sent to the customer in timely manner
- Maintaining excellent communication with customer and sales team by troubleshooting, reporting, and tracking problems
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Improving quality of results by following and documenting standards; recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Handle customer concerns, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product/service descriptions; participating in educational opportunities
- Provide inside coverage for sales staff during vacations or leaves of absence
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of customers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, triage competing priorities and manage time effectively
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Experience and knowledge working with common Office applications
Working knowledge of the IT industry quote and sales process, including:
- Deal Registration
- Creating quotes
- Order processing
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening
MUST NOT BE PROHIBITED FROM EMPLOYMENT OR EXECUTION OF JOB BY NON-COMPETITION AGREEMENTS WITH OTHER VENDORS.